We are happy to announce that our annual tune ups and service agreements now include the TankSure® Program.
What is it?
The TankSure® Program is an ultrasonic and visual inspection of above ground residential home heating tanks. Tanks that qualify for the program receive a proactive $1000 tank replacement warranty. If the tank fails (leaks) within a year after it has been tested and has passed the warranty then kicks in. The testing is EPA approved, non-invasive and is done on an annual basis. Customers on the program may also receive discounts on their homeowner’s insurance policy from select insurers. Approximately 94% of tanks qualify for this program. If yours doesn’t pass and you decide to replace it we will give you $200 towards the installation.
How does it work?
Oil tanks typically corrode from the inside out so a visual inspection cannot determine its true integrity. The ultrasonic test sends sound waves into the tank and measures the time it takes for it to return to the testing unit, indicating the thickness of the steel and the level of corrosion inside. Tanks are tested on an annual basis, usually during a customer’s tune up, and the data is entered into tank analysis software. The software determines replacement for the tank based on the level of corrosion inside the tank, the physical characteristics of the tank, and the environment the tank is located in. This makes the TankSure® Program the only proactive tank replacement process in the industry.
Homeowner’s Insurance Discounts
- -Our TankSure® Program is now endorsed by the insurance industry
- -Discounts are now available on some homeowner policies
Proactive $1,000 Replacement Credit
- -Covers up to $1,000 towards the replacement of your tank should it fail within a year after being tested and approved
- -Proactive replacement of tanks before they leak – helps protect the environment and your basement!
- -Reduces unexpected costs associated with and oil leak – DEP cost – cleanup of your basement etc.
An EPA Approved Technology
- -Helps protect the environment and your property
Tank Inspection Certificate
- -You may be eligible for a discount on your home insurance policy.
- -Present your Tank Inspection Certificate to your broker and request a discount
- -Important documentation if you are selling your home (coverage is transferable)